Record a problem
→ Archives: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
|Report a problem|
→ Archives: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6
|Requests for deletion|
|Request for CheckUser information|
|Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat|
|Requests for pages|
- Please feel free to record bugs or problems that have occurred on your wiki here.
- If you want an admin to block a user, troll, spambot or other creature, go to Ban Patrol.
- Answers to your problems:
- Certainly within ∞ working days!
- All records, no matter it is in archives or not, cannot be answered anymore. JUST SHUT UP.
- Present admins, who will never read your threads:
- CartoonistHenning (He is willing to help you in English, Dutch, Norwegian, French and in German.)
- Rhubella Marie (
He SheIt's [lol it's a sockpuppet] is willing to help you in Portuguese and in Spanish.)
- Important note!!! The users above are no technicians, they only manage incoming reports until an answer arrives. Most likely, Carlb (carlb at kingston.net) will answer you (professional help in English, French, C++ and PHP).
Desgali and Çciclopedia offlineEdit
Desgalipedia and Çciclopedia has been facing server peaks since yesterday. At this time (12 h UCT -3) plus one fall. I tried to make a statement of the situation for at least half an hour here and also in UnMeta was in trouble.
- Desgalipedia = error 522
- Çciclopedia = error 524
Problem sending emailsEdit
- I've sent an e-mail from English Uncyclo as a back up, and there it seems to be working. Anonymous Investigator (talk) 13:32, 18 December 2018 (UTC)
Images on LogimalpédieEdit
Images newly uploaded to Logimalpédie do not have thumbnails. I uploaded logimalpedie:File:Beige.svg and logimalpedie:File:Beige.png yesterday, and you can see on those pages that there are no thumbnails in the file history where there should be and the SVG file is not successfully converted to a PNG. You can see here and here what these images look like when used on pages: no thumbnail, only a short gray vertical line. At the file path where the thumbnail should be, there is an error message "Erreur lors de la création de la miniature : Fichier manquant". When you try to open the SVG in the Media Viewer, it gives the message "Désolé, le fichier ne peut être chargé. Il semble y avoir un problème technique. Vous pouvez réessayer ou signaler le problème s'il persiste. Erreur : error in provider, thumb info not found".
Images uploaded in 2013 and earlier do not have this problem, but I don't know when it first arose because nothing was uploaded between 2013 and 2018. It could have been the most recent update or an earlier one. The permissions on the thumbnail directory may be set wrong. This ultimately has to go to Carlb, but I believe this is the correct page to report problems on. Llwy-ar-lawr (talk) 12:33, 23 December 2018 (UTC)
Another image problem, probably unrelated, is that logimalpedie:Special:ListFiles is now giving a database error even though it was working just yesterday. Llwy-ar-lawr (talk) 15:11, 23 December 2018 (UTC)
- The same problem happens in Desgalipedia, the image does not appear leaving this message:
Erro ao crear a miniatura: convert: Output file write error --- out of disk space? `/tmp/transform_a265d529d990.jpg' @ error/jpeg.c/JPEGErrorHandler/322. Error code: 1
- Examples here Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 3,049 preppiedits 17:09, 23 December 2018 (UTC)
Erro ao crear a miniatura: convert: Output file write error --- out of disk space? `/tmp/transform_42e483d74cd5.jpg' @ error/jpeg.c/JPEGErrorHandler/322. Error code: 1
Also, you can not load a new image, and the message appears in place: O ficheiro que cargou semella estar baleiro. Isto pode deberse a un erro ortográfico no seu nome. Por favor, verifique se realmente quere cargar este ficheiro. The problem also appears in UnCommons.
- I wonder if/when we'll get a resolution to this. I've just discovered that Irratiopedia has two of these on its main page. "Error generating thumbnail" again. The rest of the message is "Het maken van een miniatuurafbeelding is te vaak mislukt (4 keer of vaker). Probeer het later nog eens." (I can't read this, but Google Translate says it means "Creating a thumbnail image has failed too often (4 times or more). Please try again later.") Those images were uploaded in 2013 and 2014 respectively, so this must have been going on for quite some time. For some reason the PNG file has a .jpeg added to the thumbnail name and the JPG has a .png added. Part of the same thing or yet another problem? No idea. Llwy-ar-lawr (talk) 05:41, 13 January 2019 (UTC)
- Just give up. Nobody here seemed willing to help. ABDUL ALHAZRED Salah, Zakāh, Ramadan, Hajj 16:37, 14 January 2019 (UTC)
- Yes, Yes. We suffered the same problem in Desgalipedia the last days 5 and 6 of that month, before the servers fell again. I begin to notice a pattern that the problem may be a faulty server. Maybe CarlB will say that he will need to buy a demo memory. However, a very large difference between this problem occurred in the uncyclopedias on days 5 and 6 and in Irratiopedia on the 13th. I will pass on an email to Carlb, although I do not know how to explain why he ignores it here. Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 3,049 preppiedits 01:37, 16 January 2019 (UTC)
Mediawiki 1.31 and extensionsEdit
- <div class="NavFrame"> is not working
- The same problem affects Malucopédia and Wikimerda. Good other problems of each Brazilian site plus the sacred Desgalipedia were searched and forwarded to the current forum about MediaWiki 1.31 Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 3,049 preppiedits 23:50, 5 January 2019 (UTC)
- Firstly, how can I really believe that deleting the common.js actually caused the problem if it persisted? I'm not discrediting you but Carlb had informed me that he deleted the extension believing that to be the problem. In that case, if you do not mind I'll copy the code and I'll switch to Malucopedia since the site has the same problem. Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 3,049 preppiedits 01:33, 23 January 2019 (UTC)
- I hate to admit it but I noticed in this third server crash (last Saturday on Wikimerda) a certain pattern with the same problems in the images, either loading new images or the images are in miniature. Should I confirm that this is some sort of backup upgrade? Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 3,049 preppiedits 01:41, 23 January 2019 (UTC)
Uploading images (part 2)Edit
On this February 14th some users reported that there were problems on uploading images in both Desciclopédia and Uncommons. When we try to upload an image we just see an error meassge saying:
O arquivo que você está tentando carregar parece estar vazio. Isto poderá ser devido a um erro na escrita do nome do arquivo. Por favor verifique se realmente deseja carregar este arquivo.
I tried every Desciclopédia mirror known to man. The only one I was able to upload was pesquisa.la. I thought we could use pesquisa.la only to upload files and then use another mirror to browse the site normally, but the files uploaded in pesquisa.la only show in said domain, that's strange. I asked UltraJohnnÿ how he uploaded a file, since he was the only one who uploaded something in the last 2 days. Mgs 14:03, 16 February 2019 (UTC)
- From what I saw Alhazred notify again the pesquisa.la is an obsolete domain and for sure a new update will bugar that mirror. I suggest that no wiki upload new ones unless it loses images or even irreversibly bugs the existing ones. Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 3,049 preppiedits 16:17, 16 February 2019 (UTC)
1 week and nothing was solved yet. Sad we just don't have support.
Erro ao crear a miniatura: Non se puido gardar a miniatura no destino...
- Will everything return to normal on Monday? ABDUL ALHAZRED Salah, Zakāh, Ramadan, Hajj 21:17, 15 February 2019 (UTC)
- It's not a joke. Make a statistic of how many times this problem preceded the sites being offline on the following days. (Não é uma piada. Faça uma estatística de quantas vezes esse problema antecedeu aos sites ficarem offline nos dias seguintes.) Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 3,049 preppiedits 22:31, 15 February 2019 (UTC)
- Just repair the amount of reports about image problems here. This is the fourth alert. However, at least in Desgali the images returned to normal. But still the alert for a possible backup remains. Another thing, pardon if I opened the comment in Portuguese, was leaving work and could not give a more calm response due to the rush to catch a bus. Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 3,049 preppiedits 09:36, 16 February 2019 (UTC)
- What the hell are you doing back? Are you expecting us to abandon UnMeta and migrate all to Mihareze? Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 3,049 preppiedits 02:02, 21 February 2019 (UTC)
Até mesmo no nosso Site lixo grande de imagens parece ocorrer um erro ao carregar a imagem, não conseguindo carregar sequer imagens .jpg ou .jpge, mas parece que tem erros similar como citado acima. Dragomaniaco (talk) 21:02, 15 February 2019 (UTC)
Even in our large image garbage site there seems to be an error loading the image, not being able to load even .jpg or .jpge images, but it looks like it has similar errors as quoted above. Dragomaniaco (talk) 21:02, 15 February 2019 (UTC)
- Due to my preferences being in Galician the message appears: O ficheiro que cargou semella estar baleiro. Isto pode deberse a un erro ortográfico no seu nome. Por favor, verifique se realmente quere cargar este ficheiro. and make it impossible to load a new image.
- (Devido as minhas preferências estarem em galego aparece a mensagem O ficheiro que cargou semella estar baleiro. Isto pode deberse a un erro ortográfico no seu nome. Por favor, verifique se realmente quere cargar este ficheiro. e tornasse impossível carregar uma nova imagem.) Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 3,049 preppiedits 09:42, 16 February 2019 (UTC)
Same problem on Wikinet. I tried uploading from an external link (it worked fine before) and the error I got is Erro ao alterar arquivo temporário ("error updating temporary file").
However, I was able to upload files just fine on Wikinet's mirror. Try uploading at Desciclopédia's mirrors that it might work. Mgs 13:46, 16 February 2019 (UTC)
I'm getting a database error in Desciclopédia when checking my watchlist and in Wikinet when trying to hide edits.
- Houve um erro na consulta ao banco de dados. Isto pode indicar um bug no software.
- [eb967a8502ef8bace64e2233] 2019-02-15 21:58:44: Excepção fatal do tipo "Wikimedia\Rdbms\DBQueryError"
- Houve um erro na consulta ao banco de dados. Isto pode indicar um bug no software.
- [ad6d5dd3252a49439b8c1d32] 2019-02-15 21:59:06: Excepção fatal do tipo "Wikimedia\Rdbms\DBQueryError"
Mgs 22:00, 15 February 2019 (UTC)
- Is there a 10th February report on this problem or am I mistaken? (Há um reporte do dia 10 de fevereiro sobre esse problema ou estou enganada?) Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 3,049 preppiedits 11:17, 16 February 2019 (UTC)